Now is a good time to review your health insurance. We would like to remind you to take advantage of everything your plan offers. It’s not just about paying the bulk of your doctor visit and lab test bills; your plan can actually help you save money while getting or staying healthy.
Here are some reminders:
- Vison Care. Don’t forget the Trust offers a vision care benefit available every two years.
- Help kicking the habit. Yes, your plan does have a quit smoking benefit you may use for quit-smoking coaches, hotlines, support groups, or discounts on products to help you quit smoking.
- Disease management. If you suffer from some chronic medical conditions the Trust offers free counseling, education, and support.
- Annual Physicals. A free annual checkup with a network provider is included in your plan.
- Well care screenings and shots. Thanks to health care reform, you don’t have to pay extra for many important cancer screenings and vaccinations. Women’s health, cholesterol, etc.… all without having to pay your deductible. Read about preventive screenings in your plan book.
- Short Term Disability. If you are ever off work due to an illness or injury (not covered by Workers Comp) the Trust provides a weekly disability payment to help with your expenses.
- Generic Medicine. The Trust contracts with pharmacy networks to help you save on prescription costs. Be sure to ask for generics whenever you want to save money.